Deadline nears for Diesel Progress Awards
By Murray Pollok23 May 2019
Companies have until Monday 3 June to submit entries for the first Diesel Progress Awards.
The international awards, which are part of the Diesel Progress Summit (DPS) in Louisville, USA, on September 30, will celebrate excellence in the field of engine and powertrain technology, including electrification. They are open to engine manufacturers, equipment OEMs, engine distributors and others in the powertrain industry. The Summit will be held the day before the ICUEE show.
The award categories are:
- Diesel engine of the year (<175 hp)
- Diesel engine of the year (>175 hp)
- Engine distributor of the year (<175 hp)
- Engine distributor of the year (>175 hp)
- Electrification newsmaker of the year
- Electrification application of the year
- Employer of the year
- Diesel Progress achievement of the year
Details of how to enter, as well as downloadable entry forms, can be found at: https://www.dieselprogresssummit.com/awards.html
The independent judging panel for the awards is as follows:
- Jim Saunders, Business Development, MurCal, Inc.
- Peter Scherm, General Manager, EUROMOT (The European Association of Internal Combustion Engine Manufacturers)
- Dr. Andrew Noble, Head of Commercial Vehicle and Off Highway Market Sector, Ricardo
- Dr. John C. Wall, Former Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Cummins Inc
- Non-voting chair of the judges: Mike Osenga, Editor/Publisher, Diesel Progress
The award winners will be announced during the awards dinner on September 30 in Louisville, USA.
The Summit conference program is almost complete, with senior speakers from companies including Cummins, JLG, Caterpillar, Danfoss, Hatz, Kohler and Volvo CE. To see the full program, and book your place, visit https://www.dieselprogresssummit.com/conference.html.
Organisers of the event are KHL Group and its magazines Diesel Progress, Diesel Progress International and New Power Progress.
Gold sponsors for the conference are Cummins, Hatz and Perkins. The sponsor of the networking drinks is Kohler.
The Summit is also supported by the ICUEE show, and is allied to the exhibition’s seminar and education program. See https://www.icuee.com/visit/conferences-education/