European rental awards: extension to deadline!
By Murray Pollok30 November 2016
There is still time for rental companies in Europe and suppliers to submit entries for the 2017 European Rental Awards. The deadline has been extended by one week to Wednesday 1 February.
The awards are organised by International Rental News and the European Rental Association (ERA) and will be presented at the awards dinner on 3 May, 2017, to coincide with the ERA’s annual convention, the International Rental Exhibition (IRE) and the APEX show, all of which take place on 2-4 May at the RAI exhibition centre in Amsterdam.
There award categories are:
- Small/medium sized rental company (
- Large rental company (>€15m revenues)
- Digital Innovation Award (NEW)
- Employer Innovation Award (NEW)
- Rental Safety Award
- Rental Product of the Year
- Rental Person of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement Award
Entries should be sent to: Joe Malone, Editor, International Rental News (E-mail: email@example.com; Tel: +44 (0)1892 786211.)
Details of how to enter, plus judging criteria for all the categories, can be found at www.khl.com/rentalawards The entry form can also be downloaded from the website.
There are several changes to the awards this year, including two new categories.
The Digital Innovation Award is designed to recognise innovation in a rental company in adapting to the digital business environment.
The Employer Innovation Award, the second new category, aims to reward a rental company that has been successful in recruiting and retaining a high performing workforce.
Another change is that in addition to the normal Rental Product of the Year award – decided by the award judges - the ERA’s Technical Committee will review all the product entries and present a separate award for the product that best complies with the committee’s Catalogue of Equipment Rental Industry Issues, Needs and requirements. (See www.erarental.org to download the catalogue.)
The Judging Panel
As in previous years, the judging panel represents a mix of rental and equipment expertise, as follows (in alphabetical order):
- Mark Anderson (Commercial Director, GAP Group, UK)
- Pierre Boels (ERA President & CEO, Boels Rental, Netherlands)
- Gerhard Gasser (Global Rental Business Manager, Hilti, Liechtenstein)
- Murray Pollok (Managing Editor, IRN)
- Juan José Torres (President, ASEAMAC & Managing Director, TST Torres Servicios Tecnicos, Spain)
- Non-voting chair of judges: Michel Petitjean, Secretary General, ERA