Palfinger expands in Russia

14 August 2009

Palfinger PK 60002

Palfinger PK 60002

The Palfinger Group has agreed a sales joint venture with the Kraft Invest Group to expand operations in Russia.

Kraft has already been selling Palfinger products in Russia since 1996.

"We have been closely monitoring Russia for quite some time now as, due to its sheer size, the local market offers an enormous potential. The joint venture allows us to promote the sale of our own products in Russia, by helping the dealer to set up an appropriate network while implementing targeted sales strategies," said Herbert Ortner, Palfinger CEO.

Palfinger will hold 49% of the JV company and Kraft Invest Group will hold the remaining 51%. The new company will be the exclusive dealer in Russia for Palfinger knuckle boom cranes. Also on offer will be Epsilon timber and recycling cranes, MBB tail lifts and Palift container handling systems.

Over the last few years annual growth in Palfinger sales averaged 10% and further market growth is projected for the post-crisis economy, Palfinger said.

Latest News
What do you want from a modern excavator?
Projects are growing in complexity demanding more efficient and dynamic solutions but what do users need from their equipment to meet these goals?
Fuel cell specialist AFC raises funds for rental JV
AFC Energy will invest in its rental JV with Speedy Hire
PartnerLift trio in Ahern equipment deal
Three rental companies receive lifts at Ahern Germany