Taylor Wimpey

25 March 2008

Taylor Woodrow and George Wimpey have agreed to merge to create Europe's largest house builder. Taylor Wimpey, as the new company will be known, will have annual sales of about UK£ 6,7 billion (€ 9,9 billion), with some 22000 house completions in the UK per year. It will also have interests in the US residential market, with 9000 completions per year.

The merger will be carried out as an all-share transaction, with shareholders in Taylor Woodrow and George Wimpey receiving equity in the newly created company. The ratio will be devised so that existing Taylor Woodrow shareholders will control 51% of Taylor Wimpey, with existing George Wimpey shareholders owning the remaining 49%. Previously announced dividends relating to 2006 will also be paid.

An increased land bank – 92000 plots – and cost savings of at least UK£ 70 million (€ 104 million) per year are the key justifications for the merger.

Latest News
How to provide smart site access solutions on wind farms
Kathy Hopper discusses relationships between the environment, the community, wind developers and the teams that build wind farms.
Liebherr hosts friends and family event at Virginia headquarters
The celebration highlighted Liebherr’s 75th anniversary and included carnival games, facility tours and showcased Liebherr machines from multiple product segments.
Manitowoc makes $150K donation to rehabilitation center
Maryland-based Brooke’s House, dedicated to aiding women in recovery, has received $100,000 from Manitowoc and $50,000 from its dealers and customers.