IAPA 2016 awards judges announced
By Euan Youdale27 November 2015
The judges for the eighth International Awards for Powered Access (IAPAs) 2016 have been announced.
Jointly organised by KHL’s Access International and the International Powered Access Federation (IPAF), the IAPAs celebrate best practice and excellence in the powered access industry, attracting audiences of around 450 each year.
The ceremony will be held on the evening of 17 March 2016, at the NH Collection Madrid Eurobuilding, in Madrid, Spain. The IPAF Summit takes place on the same day and is set to offer the usual mix of great speakers and networking opportunities.
As usual the independent judging panel represents longstanding experience and great knowledge from across the world. (See their pictures by clicking on the image above, then select next, top right).
The IAPA 2016 judging panel:
- Andy Studdert, chairman and CEO, NES Rentals; and president, IPAF - USA
- Ivan Papell, managing director and owner, Liftisa. Former managing director Lavendon Spain and director general of AWP specialist DK Rental - Spain
- Mark Atkinson, health and safety manager, Clugston Construction, and co-author of the UKCG (now Build UK) MEWP ‘good practice’ ToolKit - UK
- Martin Vögtli, CEO, SkyAccess, a specialist AWP rental and training company - Switzerland
- Shawn Ong, COO, Galmon, Singapore’s biggest AWP rental company and Asia training pioneer - Singapore
- NON-VOTING chairman: Euan Youdale, editor Access International
There are 13 IAPA award categories to choose from, ranging from new products and innovations to safety and training. Click here for the entry forms.
The deadline for entries is Thursday, 17 December 2015.
Included is a new category for 2016, The IAPA Innovative Technology Prize, for a technical development that makes a significant leap forward in further enhancing the safety of aerial work platforms. Technical developments that mark a step-change in productivity will also be considered.
With this new award in mind, the Contribution to Safe Working at Height category has been updated and now does not request entries for technical developments and products, rather, the award will be presented to an individual or company that demonstrates commitment to safety through initiatives, innovation and/or safe working practices.
Visit www.iapa-summit.info for full categories information, entry forms, booking information, sponsorship opportunities and more.